BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Storms and storms and storms...

Thunderstorms last night and this afternoon the sky looked like this outside my office window:
We're not going to get swept away by tornados or floods but it's pretty ugly out there...

Inside we have the Crusoe sock, posing in the control room (I really do work at a radio station).


Just after these pictures were taken I figured out how to change the date in my camera AND how to get the date stamp to go away. I'm feeling pretty good about that.

We get the girl back tonight... I talked to her earlier. She always sounds so different on the phone after she's been at her dad's house - harsher or something. The women in his family have very abrasive voices - loud and rough. I hope she learns to modulate.

Not a lot to say today - I've been working a lot - our afternoon news person has been gone since Friday so I've been on the air from noon to 7. It's not bad, I've (obviously) been getting a lot of knitting done, just not a lot of anything else. (Well, that's not really true. My early Sunday morning appearance in the office actually put me way ahead on a few things).

I did want to post the Crusoe sock. My favorite sock in the whole wide world. I plan to finish it tonight (about another 3 inches then the toe decreases)... I think it can be done, I'll let you know tomorrow!!

OK.. two messages now...

First of all, Happy Birthday to the sweetest man in the world. He has been my rock (and my roll, heh heh) and I am so lucky to have him in my life. Oh, and honey? You're 29.

Second...

I noticed that MY blog was listed on Holy Knit! Batman - one of my new favorites, and not even someone I actually know. Thanks Eleni! I love your blog and it's cool to see my blog listed there!

Knit on!

0 comments: