BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm having motivation problems today.
I got out of bed (check).
I took a shower (check).
Bean ate breakfast, brushed her teeth and got to school on time (check, check, check).
I made it to my desk, (check).

I think that might be all I'm capable of accomplishing today.

I am sitting at my desk at work... I've been here for almost 45 minutes and so far all I've managed to do is check my email. I didn't even have much email, I've mostly been sitting here listening to everyone around me not working either. (Ha, just picked up a call from the front desk. That counts as work, right?)

I didn't sleep well last night - and I had a really strange dream that we moved into a new house in the country. There was a pond and a porch swing... Bean and I were walking near the pond and I thought that it would be perfect for science lessons when we started to homeschool.

(Screeeeeech... Wha?)

I have (mostly) nothing against homeschooling. I attended public school. I know. As long as the socialization issues are being met and the parent is, you know, smart enough to teach beyond the first grade then who really cares? I have considered it. Briefly. Especially when Bean's kindergarten teacher kept sending home notes with their, there and they're mixed up... or your and you're (twitch, twitch). But being at home together all day would not work. We'd drive each other crazy inside an hour. (I couldn't even teach her how to knit - my friend K did last week and she's doing really well!!) Anyway, I can't afford private school (and really, is that a solution to the "idiots teaching" issue? Really? Ya think so? I KNOW some of the idiots teaching at private schools here) so public school it is. And we've been really lucky - kindergarten teacher aside. Her first and third grade teachers have been amazing. They were both first-year teachers, which can be a problem but really really wasn't. They were both women who decided to teach later in life - both were over thirty and both have kids who were brought up in public schools. I wish Bean could have teachers like that every year - creative and smart and funny. So I'm working on the "teacher appreciation" socks. I'm almost ready to turn the heel on the second one. They're made from self-striping yarn (Knitpicks Sweet Tarts) and I really like them. Bean is getting the next set but I want some too...

So my skin is crazy dry right now. My hands are peeling and weird. I want to walk around wearing gloves filled with shea butter... They make gloves like that for sleeping. Hmmmmmm... does really dry skin count as "sick"? I could call in sick and stay home with shea butter gloves on my hands - hell, wrap me in shea butter coated sheets and make sure I can reach the remote!!

I should probably do something today. I'm picking Bean up from school and then we're going to visit my dad - I have some clean laundry for him. He's doing ok... he's in a rehabilitation hospital for physical therapy. Since he lives alone and has steps he has to climb they want him a little more mobile. I'm glad - I was hoping they wouldn't just cut him loose and hope for the best. He's so resistant to help as it is - what would happen if he really needed something?

I think my caffeine is starting to work... guess I should too.

0 comments: