I worked about four rounds in that horrible navy blue yarn that was fuzzy before I frogged it, realized that I was hating knitting that sock that was never going to fit me anyway so I pulled the needles out and just stopped.
Then I cast on the Crusoe sock AFTER I swatched. Yup. I swatched. But it came out too small to go around my foot anyway (is it me? I think it's me). Sooooooooo, I pulled it out and I'm going to add some stitches to the initial cast on and start over. Woo hoo. I thought about ribbing the first 12 rounds but I sort of like the roll at the top... we'll see. I did get about 6 rounds into the pattern and it's wicked easy.
I got no sleep last night... not an exaggeration. No. Sleep. I finally fell asleep at about 1:30 and was up again by 2:30. I took a shower and came in to work - it's amazing what you can get done with nobody but the coffee maker to keep you company. Of course now I'm shaky and my stomach feels like I swallowed a 9-volt, but what's a girl to do? It's not that I napped too much yesterday afternoon either, my phone rang about every half hour until I gave up and watched You've Got Mail. I'm really embarrassed at how much I like that movie. It's such an old-fashioned kind of story: not sexy, just sweet. I also listened to more of Wicked - it's nice being read to and I love that I can knit and "read" at the same time but if I hadn't read the book already I don't think I'd retain enough of it. Not that I remember much of the book anyway... it was lent to me by an ex several years ago (6 maybe?) and I thought I had finished it but considering how little I remember I'm wondering if I just meant to finish it. I have a lot to get through so I'm hoping to get a lot of it in today. I have to finish it and read Son of a Witch by Friday (!!) for my book discussion group. I know that only about a third of the participants actually finish the book for the discussion but since I'm the leader of the discussion I sort of have to be in that 1/3 who reads. No pressure. What is crazy is how much faster I can read the book as opposed to listening to it. I know I'm a fast reader but a novel of that size doesn't usually last more than a couple of days and listening has taken several sessions... or maybe reading is more portable, or maybe I can read longer than I can listen or maybe I'm just nuts.
Wham...
Just hit a wall. I've been staring at the screen for a few minutes and I'm feeling sort of leaden. I feel like I need a good cry but I'm feeling just fragile enough that if I start I might not stop.
Remember when staying up all night was just a matter of course and you could do it without really noticing the next day?? Me too. I sort of miss that.
Sunday, May 28, 2006
Complete Stop
Posted by J. Denae at 6:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment