After two days of posting under a cloud I finally have something to celebrate! My grades have been posted and I have a 4.0 in grad school. This is amazing - I usually manage to screw up just enough to lower my GPA by the end of the semester. My first undergraduate GPA was 2.89, my second was 3.57. In general I start the semester off organized and motivated and end up scrambling for enough points to break through to a "B". This semester was rough and I was depressed and seriously unmotivated and finished my research paper (40% of the final grade) in three days (why oh why do I do this to myself?!?).
I am relieved and I feel that all of the time and stress (and money) is somehow justified by this success. I know that my GPA doesn't mean shit in the real world but right now it means I'm not completely wasting my time.
So my dad is doing ok. Bean and I went to see him briefly yesterday. She had to have two teeth pulled at the orthodontist (they were both already loose anyway) so she wasn't exactly bright and sunny. I left her in the waiting room with a book - I knew that he wouldn't want company for long.
He was in a lot of pain - apparently he went into shock in the recovery room because they couldn't manage his pain well enough. He was pretty high when I got there. Bean and I went to Walgreens (is it just me, or is Walgreens the best thing since ice cream?) and bought a card and some of the lotion he likes and chap stick (hospitals are dry places) and a book. Does he read? I don't know. I don't remember seeing books in his house - magazines mostly. I know he watches a lot of TV but I don't know if he is a reader. I got one of those spy paperbacks - it was in the "bestseller" rack... I don't know why I'm so obsessed with whether or not he wanted the stupid book. He's either going to read it or he's not - either way it doesn't matter.
And my knitting group meets tonight... I always feel better about the world after those meetings.
But I have one of those headaches and I took two doses of migraine medicine last night. I'm hoping that it will calm down with some advil - knitting with narcotics is not the easiest (or most functional) thing to do. I've started a baby sweater and a blanket with cables, plus my lace and the teacher-appreciation socks. Sort of a knitting buffet. Knitting with ADD.
I'll publish pictures soon...
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
**Sigh***
Posted by J. Denae at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Congrats on the 4.0!
Post a Comment