Jeez. No nap today. My eyes feel gritty and I'm a little grumpy. I'll try to press on. Don't expect any coherence here... I'm feeling sort of random today. It was a weird day all together.
Took three doses of migraine medicine by the time I went to bed last night (no, not all at once, stop that), so we woke up late for the second time this week (bad mother, no no). Rather than going back to bed I stayed up and knitted - I'm trying to make a baby sweater in preparation for a child-sized sweater (for Bean) in preparation for many, many sweaters in the future. I picked the Bean up from school for lunch and then took her back (on time) and went to my friend K's house. She has babies (one little, one medium-sized) who were in various stages of napping and not-napping. I was jealous of the smallest one's pjs. I need stripy feet-in jammies. I also need someone to fill my juice cup and swoop me up to bed with kisses when I need a nap.
But I'm at work now. (But Nap-Lover, you might think, it's after 9 on a Friday and you have to be there by 6 on Saturday! Why aren't you in comfy pants at home?) Well, I'll tell you - I screwed up. We had a series of computer-related issues this week (if it's not one thing it's your motherboard) and I just plain forgot to load a show that was on tape into the computer. So I'm here babysitting (an entirely appropriate word that would make an entirely inappropriate work-related entry so I'll just leave it at that) and waiting for the magic hour when I can go home. The good news is that my dear sweet god of a husband went to my favorite pizza place in the whole world and brought me dinner - partially because he is a sweet man and partly because he offered to stay and work and I (bravely) said no, it's my mistake, I'll stay.
Again with the weird events of the day: my eXXX-husband (*see explanation below...) was really chatty this afternoon. He's like that sometimes. We're on the phone discussing Bean-related issues and he just starts talking. I'm not complaining necessarily, but even with good-natured divorces like ours you have to build up some kind of hard outer shell. Anyway, he mentioned that he has a better job now and will be making more money. So I joked "So we'll see more child support?" And he said YES!! And he's offered to send some "unofficial" money until the increase is in the system.
*(Because he looks like Vin Diesel and Keanu Reeves had a love child, and not in a good way. Because that comparison would piss him off. Because just one "X" doesn't seem to be sufficient to indicate the level of separation we have. There is nothing - and I mean nothing that would ever make either of us think fondly of our past or wonder how things would have been better if we'd stayed together).
I shouldn't be snotty. When we separated he paid "unofficial" support and when the divorce was finalized he stayed at that amount even though the amount the lawyer gave was almost $100 less. When he went back to school he had a different job and his support was cut in half. Then he said he's pay half of her summer camp expenses (and didn't). Then when it was time for braces he said he couldn't help (his half would have been $900 over 12 months). Now he's remarried and his new wife has four kids (yes, four) so I worried that I'd have to fight for an increase. Good for him. I think it helps that we both come from divorced families. Don't think for a minute that I have never wanted to hit him. Repeatedly. Really really hard. With my car... But over all he's been pretty easy to deal with and I hope he feels the same way.
Almost time to go home and napnapnapnapnapnapnapnapnapnapnapnapnap.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Thought-hopping
Posted by J. Denae at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment