Husband, work spouse and I went to dinner and a movie last night (Thank You for Smoking - very funny), had a few beers and then came home. I knitted in bed and then went to sleep. I didn't have to get up to take the child to school today and wasn't on the air until noon so I SLEPT and SLEPT. Of course I could take a nap right now, but I do feel more rested than usual.
I put gas in may car (an SUV, I know. I KNOW. But think of the thousands of dollars I pour into the gas tank penance and let me get on with it already. I didn't PICK this car, it picked me) and it clicked off before it hit $50 for once (found money, don't ya know) and then I went to work and this yarn (the purple-y one, for socks) and this book (for fun) were waiting on my desk. YAY! I love KnitPicks.com. It's also a beautiful day today and if I were the out-doors-y type I would spend a lot of time sitting outside and gushing on about the beautiful weather. Instead, I'm going to stay inside, appreciate the pretty day and knit. Oh, and clean.
My house is a disaster. Not the Martha Stewart "that mug is facing the wrong way" disaster and not even the Roseanne "look at all of those dishes piled up and who's going to do the laundry" disaster, but the "oh my god I had no idea that tornadoes could happen inside and what IS the sticky on the floor and why is it mocking my cleaning spray?" disaster. Ask my mother. She'll tell you. My house is so obnoxious that last night when a strange man knocked on the door after midnight (he needed his battery jumped - but in our neighborhood you never know so it was scary for a bit before it was annoying) my first thought was actually "God I hope nothing happens, I don't want the police to see this!!" Seriously.
But with the end of the semester and pledge drive and the fact that I would rather watch reruns of The A-Team (ick) than clean, our house is a disaster. The only reason we have clean dishes (in the drying rack, not the cabinet) or clean underpants (in a pile on the couch, not the drawer) is because my husband is a god.
I promised myself that after a brief resting period I would tackle a room at a time and find some organization in our home. I'm also determined to clean more than the bathroom - the only room that ever gets cleaned on a regular basis, partly because you HAVE to clean the bathroom in the same way that you HAVE to wash your hand after touching raw meat, and partly because it's the smallest room in the house and you can clean it relatively quickly and feel like you've accomplished something as you slip out of your rubber gloves and curl up on the bed with your new book and a bag of pretzels. The chocolate-covered ones.
So I have a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer that says I can at LEAST clean until I find the stove and kitchen counters and then clean those before I need more napping.
Monday, May 08, 2006
Monday's aren't so bad...
Posted by J. Denae at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment