That Bad, Bad Man's birthday was a success! He was happy with his presents and dinner was yummy. (Smoked pork chops with apples and onions, rosemary garlic new potatoes and strawberry banana cake. I sort of rule).
He did have some difficulty watching me cook without helping (and by "helping" I mean taking over), but he managed to stay out of my way for the most part.
We tried to see the new James Bond movie but it was sold out so we saw Role Models instead... and it was funnier than I expected it to be.
I had some yarny difficulties before the movie started (knots!! knots in my cotton!!) and when I got frustrated he took over and untangled my yarn so I could knit on my Clap through the movie. It is difficult not to love a man who will sit in a movie theater with a purple knitted scarf on his lap untangling a knot. I'm just saying.
I stayed up way too late, so I am sleepier than usual but it was worth it!!
Bean's first performance is tonight. She is excited and nervous and a little sad. They have been working so hard for so long that it's going to be hard for her when it's over. Also there's a boy (of course) who is in 8th grade so the only time she really gets to see him is at rehearsal so she's sad about that too. She is already planning to try out for the next play. While I am really glad that she is so excited about this I do worry about how hard she is working. On rehearsal days she is at school for ten hours and is soooooooo tired.
On the other hand, it does keep her busy and I don't have to feel guilty about working late.
Hope you all are having a lovely weekend too!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Weekend Happy
Posted by J. Denae at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment