This day did not have such a great start.
I woke up late and spent my drive into work begging and pleading and promising my firstborn child (sorry, Bean) to Verizon to keep my service going for another couple of weeks until I can pay the whole balance.
Then I got to The Vet Center and was reprimanded for something... and the word "lazy" came up, which you all know is a hot-button word for me. Especially given all that I am sacrificing (like a paycheck large enough to pay my Verizon bill) to BE here. Turns out, the person who was mad didn't realize that I had actually completed 90% of the task and was still working to finish up while the other student hadn't done any of it.
So I got an apology. And I got the last but of it done quickly. And when the person who was mad saw the work I had done she was impressed.
But "lazy" hurts.
And that stupid migraine that made me so sick on Saturday was back last night and there is a shadow of it lingering today. I just want to not feel like this anymore. I need to be more proactive about my migraine issues and stop just treating it when I get sick.
I heard about this book on NPR, and I like the author's holistic approach to thinking about migraines. It's not just a headache. It's a whole-body problem that has the potential to completely interrupt my life.
And it must be stopped.
What I really want is a nap... I know you're all shocked.
In GOOD news, last night when I got home there was a package from my Secret Pal already!! It had little bottles of Crabtree and Evelyn lotions and shower gel and stuff and it came in this cute little bag that is the perfect size for a sock bag. She also sent little post-it notes and Hershey chocolate-flavored lip gloss... and Bean absconded with those right away. So thanks, Pal!! Getting a little early gift has inspired me and I'm going to get a little something together for my pal too!!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Is it Still Monday or What?!?
Posted by J. Denae at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you tried keeping a food diary.
when I did it didn't take long to figure out some foods were triggering migraines.
So sorry to hear about your headache. But glad the little gifties arrived, and might take a little of the edge off. Be good to yourself!!
YSP
Post a Comment