BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ha!

Look what I'm making for Thanksgiving!
Don't you wish you were invited?!? (Of course, if you have been anywhere near me in the last 2 weeks you probably were).
Many thanks to Sally for finding that blog. I love my Crock Pot and can totally respect a woman who has more than one!! (I have a big one and a little one... and not I know that I need at least one more).

I have actually been looking for a good Crock pot recipe for mashed potatoes as I am visiting the family in the afternoon and then taking mashed potatoes to Andie's in the evening. Andie's for Thanksgiving is the best.
Unless you like the canned cranberry glop... in which case you must meet me in secret on the front porch so that we can eat cranberries in can-shaped rings AS THEY WERE INTENDED BY NATURE instead of Andie's husband's relish which starts with actual cranberries. And is chunky. (Shudder).

So we saw Twilight. It was actually really good.
Campy enough not to be precious and true enough to the book that the characters made sense and their actions and reactions weren't suspect. What more can we ask for? (Besides a sequel, which they have TOTALLY set us up for. Yay!!)
And I have renewed my love for Edward. Sigh. He is intense and growly and funny. (If he could cook he'd almost be a bad, bad man!) And also the bad vampires? Completely fricking hot. Wow. Kudos on the casting.
We got there an hour before the movie started (tickets in hand, as I am a smart girl) and stood in line outside for more than half an hour. That's how packed it was. Seriously.
I knitted my Clapotis and wished I had thought ahead and made some fingerless gloves. I did wear the Clap around my neck as I was knitting it which was sort of funny, but also warmer.

There are, by the way, some fine-looking hand knitted items in this movie. I will be checking Ravelry for some new Twilight patterns in the coming weeks.

Lately I have had more energy and with a few exceptions I haven't had as much anxiety. This is not normal for me - especially this close to Christmas. I think it means I'm happy. And also stable. Finally. I know that therapy has played a role in this, and medication, but the most significant thing to me is that the relationships I have right now are all really good. Reciprocal. It's amazing how important reciprocation is, and the years of taking care of someone else with virtually no benefit for me left me mistrustful of relationships in general. The support and love and balance I have found with the people in my life right now has kept me from retreating all together.

So thanks.

2 comments:

Lara said...

There were only about 15 of us in the theater yesterday afternoon. What's funny is that my parents were thisclose to going to that same showing.

I really liked it. My brother (Nick) and his wife saw it yesterday morning and hated it, I don't know why they hated it so much. I think the camp got to them.

evergreenknits said...

This is Hanna from Ever Green Knits. I finished up my Woodland Collar contest, and I'd like to send you a copy of the pattern!

Could you send me a Ravelry message (evergreenknits) or an email (evergreenknits[at]gmail[dot]com) so that have your email?

Thanks again for leaving me a comment and entering my contest! I really appreciated it.