All of this "going to bed at a reasonable hour" bullshit has one large, unhappy side effect. I was awake this morning at 5:30. Awake awake. Oh my inner child and I are pissed.
We like the sleep.
So I am at work early - to read War and Peace where the coffee is free. Crazytown, right? (Crazytownovitch??) The Best Bookstore in the World issued a summer reading challenge and I said, "I laugh at your challenge. Ha."
The first meeting is this morning at 11, and I am still 200 pages behind. I realize that even I can not read 200 pages of War and Peace by then (even if I pulled myself away from the computer and actually, um, read) but I have to try to get close!! I didn't know that I would be able to make this meeting until yesterday so I was taking my time. Apparently one of my brother's cool friends is going to be there, too. I wonder who else I will know... Could be a frightening place to be. Someone reminded me recently that the literary community in this town is smaller than I realized. (This is why events like Final Friday turn into Ex-boyfriends on Parade for me).
Oh, and to clarify, "The Gay One" is not actually gay... well, he's not actually out... he is, in fact, married to a woman. He's just prissy and much more girly than I am (I know, right?) and he is completely in love with his best friend. Also, a lot (A LOT) of people thought he was gay when they met him. So he is "The Gay One" despite his apparent straightness.
He would not be pleased if he knew I referred to him that way... but then he is the reason I have sworn off writers and English majors as potential dates. Well, he was sort of the lead pipe that broke the camel's back. The lead pipe attached to the anvil.
I always thought I was attracted to the bookish, studious guy who read all the time and scribbles things down in a notebook that he carries with him.
Apparently what I am actually attracted to is the guy who can fix my shower, throw me around in bed for a few hours and then go home.
Does that make me a "Samantha?" Because I really aspire to more of a "Miranda."
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
We Are Not Amused
Posted by J. Denae at 8:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
If that makes you Samantha, then I'm there too!!!
Post a Comment