(Note: if you are not interested in a rant about my hoo haw, or if you are uncomfortable reading about feminine hygiene you might want to just skip this one.)
So I'm a thrifty girl (no I'm not).
OK. I'm a girl who can't walk past a sale on anything (that's better).
A few months ago I was at the grocery store and they had panty liners on sale... it was a good price and it was a good brand so I stocked up.
I put them in the hall closet and more or less forgot about them until today.
This morning I'm getting ready for work and I thought - "Oh right, I'm not out of panty liners! I have two whole big boxes of them in the closet!" So I pulled them out and opened the box... At first I thought maybe I had stored them too close to some bath salts or something. Then I realized they are scented.
Flowery scented.
The "fresh and clean" verbiage on the box was apparently more than just a hope, it was a threat.
Let's ignore the fact that I am allergic to most fragrances.
Let's ignore the fact that fragrances and dyes are pretty much not good in an area that delicate anyway.
Maybe it's just me...
But who wants a floral scented vagina?!? Shouldn't it smell like, you know, a vagina?
I mean, if you're healthy and not hygienically challenged there is nothing at all with things smelling the way they're supposed to smell!
Besides... if something in your house smells bad and you spray the crap out of it with some kind of flowery nonsense don't you just end up with bad smell layered with flowery nonsense which ultimately just smells worse?!?
I mean, unless it's Fabreeze. (And who wants to Fabreeze their hoo haw anyway?!?)
I can hear some of you out there, you know. "But NapLover, sometimes there are, a-hem, occasions in which one might want to, you know, smell a little special. For company..."
I say people who really love steak don't cover the flavor with steak sauce. And they sure as hell aren't going to spritz it down with eau de toilette first.
So there.
Friday, June 06, 2008
Fabreezing the Hoo Haw
Posted by J. Denae at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I totally agree.
Amen! But then I'm the girl who uses cloth pads. :)
I have never understood the scented feminine product thing. It's just weird. I totally agree with you.
did someone say steak? without sauce? mmmmmmmmmm, steak.
You are totally cracking me up and it is so true!!!
BTW, finally saw forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was hilarious and you are right, he has a lot to be proud of.
Post a Comment