Quick post... more pictures tomorrow!!
I had a wonderful vacation, but it is so nice to be home.
I would have posted sooner, but the internets were down all over...
Both Marianne and Emilie made me feel so welcome and pampered that I wasn't sure if I would remember how to take care of myself... but I've done ok so far.
My back is a tangled mess (thank you, Greyhound) and while there were two ENTIRE days when my foot was the size and shape of a foot, it is now swollen and sore again.
Don't take the bus. Just don't.
It's like flying, but really slow and with really horrible people and also no snacks.
Emilie packed sandwiches for us before we left (thank you, thank you, thank you) and there were vending machines along the way. I finished an entire book - a long one even - on the way home.
Oh the books!! While in Bloomington I bought ten pounds of books, and also yarn and clothes. Lots of clothes. Miraculously I was able to fit it all in to my suitcase, but then my suitcase was 5 pounds over the weight limit, so I handed 5 pounds of books to Derek and he is going to mail them to me.
Other than books buying, I napped a lot and ate a lot and relaxed on the couch and knitted a lot. I did not finish the sweater for Grace, but I am past the halfway point, and she will have it in a few weeks.
Oh Grace. She is the sweetest baby. She reminds me of Bean at 2 - funny and sweet and smart and loving. Spending time with her filled my baby need for a few more months... surely someone else here is going to have a baby soon, right?
And Dharma... the first Daschund in my entire life who did not pee all over me! She only barked a little and was very sweet and lovely too.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
I'm home!!
Posted by J. Denae at 5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you are back, looking forward to seeing pictures from your adventures
You are both welcome at our house any time. You were the easiest and most agreeable of guests!
I'm so glad to hear that you had a good trip. You deserved a break!
Post a Comment