A friend said she hadn't heard a heard a peep from me in awhile and I usually peep so she was concerned... PEEP!!
I don't have internets at home and took half-days all last week, so I haven't been responding to anyone. Sorry about that.
Wednesday night at the pool Lara's daughter E found Jeff's wedding ring. Something about the proximity to the Karma party and his birthday made this especially emotional for me. It felt like a sign. Like forgiveness. Like a completion. He did love me, and once he was good to me. He was a good man who made bad choices and refused help.
Frankly, it's easier to hate him... but that's not going to heal anything.
My interview on Thursday went really well, but is causing a tidal wave of complications for me at my full-time job. There just is no simple way for me to work full time and have a practicum and go to school. The original plan for this year was for me to go to part time and fall back on Jeff's insurance... which wasn't much of an option a year ago and is NOT AT ALL an option now. Obviously. We're working on a solution, but I spent most of Thursday crying and hopeless.
I went to Twist...
And, um, after that post about consumer fasting... I spent over $100 on yarn an needles for a wrap that I had to start righthatminute. And also a Lexie Barnes bag and some sock yarn. And maybe also some stitch markers. It was comfort shopping for comfort knitting... and it did make me feel better. Substantially better.
Friday was Final Friday and we were downtown chatting up our listeners... and eating gelato and drinking whiskey sours (my new favorite drink, thanks Shelly!!)
It was yet another round of Ex-Boyfriends On Parade... we saw "The Gay One," and while I pretended not to see him, Bean made eye-contact and he (literally) bolted from the room. He is a big, big man and until that night I had never seen him move that fast. What gives? I'm not that scary... and I was perfectly happy to just pretend I hadn't seen him at all. Oh well.
Friday was also Jeff's birthday. This time last year was our last good weekend... I'm so glad we took the trip. I am so glad to have that to hold onto as something I did for him that was exactly right. Exactly enough. He was happy for the seventy-odd hours we were in Chicago.
Saturday I tried to hide in bed with a mean ol' headache, but the station got hit by lightning (again) and The Dream Engineer needed me to come up and help with a few things. When I got home I was exhausted and hurting and generally pathetic. I took some medication and slept and slept and slept. (And with the week I'd had I probably would have holed up with some medication anyway!!)
Sunday was better. I called in sick and met some out-of-town friends for lunch and took a nap and took that bad bad man over to mom's for a swim.
And today I'm going to see Dr. N for another x-ray. I'm hoping that the foot will be healed and I can get back to yoga and walking and feeling better.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Peep! PEEP PEEP!!!
Posted by J. Denae at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
HMMM. Your ex-boyfriend turned gay? Mine went into the priesthood. Two of them.
Let me tell you I felt like a sexy vixen.
Some women drive men into the arms of other women. Apparently I scare mine so bad they flee straight into the arms of GOD!
Post a Comment