First THIS:
more cat pictures
That Bad Bad Man is going to lose his street cred.
Last night he took me out for dinner, bonded with my dad over power tools, installed my new water heater, watched a girl movie, promised me a room full of yarn (as soon as he wins the lottery), fed me chocolate and tucked me in when I fell asleep.
And none of that is meant euphemistically.
I woke up this morning, took a long, hot shower and thought, "Now what can I break?!?"
(Kidding. What I really thought was the same thing I think every morning, "Oh shit! I'm late!").
There is nothing in the world more satisfying and amazing than clear, consistent, abundant hot water.
I also made a decision yesterday about my internship for next year. The interview I had last week at The Vet Center was amazing.
I loved the people, the atmosphere, the focus and mission of the clinic.
I loved that it was not located inside the labyrinth of the VA.
I loved that the "tour" started in the break room because, the woman giving the tour explained, they all spend a lot of time in the break room eating and talking.
I loved that the guy who interviewed me was charmed by the fact that I also watch The Golden Girls at midnight on Lifetime when I can't sleep.
I loved that he offered me the position unofficially and showed me my office before I left.
The only thing I didn't love is that if I take that position I am no longer in line for the stipend. I thought about it all weekend and yesterday I called and said that was OK. A good fit and the potential to practice in this area are more important than that little bit of money.
Yay me!
Now I want to get started. I'm excited about all of it. The clinic specializes in individual and group therapy for PTSD, sexual assault, marital issues, and grief and bereavement. (I know, right?!)
Le pant, le heave.
Just a few more days until Bean and I leave for Indiana!!
I have my travel reading and knitting ready, but I should probably do some laundry and clean a little bit. I am so excited - not just because I need to get the hell out of town for a few days.
I haven't seen Marianne since her wedding (!!!) and she has created an entire human being since then. Also, her husband Mike is charming and speaks French and is actually good enough for her.
And Emilie and Derek are basically family. But the good kind of family... the kind you actually want to speak to and spend time with. Emilie and I have been friends for 20 years and she still likes me! (And Derek has known me for 20 years and he still lets me in the house!!) She also shares my love of all things fiber, long naps, good food and Orlando Bloom. And while Derek does not speak French, he is quite charming. And also patient and sweet with Bean.
Is it Saturday yet?!?
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Very Good Things
Posted by J. Denae at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
No worries, we have a washing machine here. It is so nice to be able to do laundry without finding quarters. Even nicer when your husband does the laundry. (hint, hint)
Post a Comment