Is dirty and cramped and horrible. Really horrible.
And there are children on the bus. Raggedy screaming children who smelled like cat pee and didn't understand the concept of personal space.
And bus stations? In the worst parts of town. Bean and I were particularly fond of the hour we spent in east St. Louis. Seriously.
I was glad that I used "second purse" (aka my bra) for our cash.
I have apparently been spoiled by airports... all the clean and food courts and air conditioning. And also the baggage services. Every time you get off the bus you have to schlep your own bags to the next bus. And the way I pack this is a serious issue.
But we made it and have spent a lovely day with Marianne and Mike and Grace. Of course, Bean and Grace are like peas and carrots...
Today we went to an art fair and then came home for a long nap... OK, I took a long nap. Everyone else rested and watched TV and then they finally gave up and woke me up for dinner.
And that sweater that I was going to finish on the way? Um... I've only managed to knit about three inches...
But I'm having a nice, relaxing trip. I may never come back.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
So the bus...
Posted by J. Denae at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Umm, just how many bags are we talking about? Do we need to bring a second car?
Post a Comment