BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weekend Fun

I had a very good weekend. Good friends and good food... and my hair is red again.
I had forgotten how much I love that chemical smell, reminding me of days working in the salon. I had forgotten how much I love being red. There is fortification in it. Attitude.
These days a girl could use a little attitude.

I was up walking around WAY too much, though, and last night my foot was so swollen I couldn't move my toes. I need to be more careful. To remember that just because something doesn't hurt to the touch it can still be broken. Too much pressure on something broken could keep it from healing properly.
(This metaphor brought to you by the letters S and P, and by the number 13).

I also read a lot this weekend. The Story of a Marriage: A Novel, which was amazing and surprising and dark, and The Girl With No Shadow. Also amazing and beautifully written, it's the sequel to Chocolat. I know that Roux was a character long before Johnny Depp played him, but now Roux and Johnny are linked to me. While I usually hate this when I am reading I find that this time I don't mind it so much.

Kerri and I had lunch today, and I ate so much that I wasn't hungry at all on the way to work. Now, though, eight hours have passed and I wish I had brought something.

My client has arrived... no more time to write.
Hope you all had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your sesame street reference for my metaphor.

Badbadman said...

just so i can get credit for my last statement, i am reposting my reply using my name.

i like your sesame street reference for my metaphor.