BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 19, 2008

Alone time and knitting...

So this weekend was actually really nice.

I had lots of alone time... which I am learning to enjoy. I managed to clean a little and sleep a lot. I got a massage (thanks to The Fabulous Michelle) and I had some knitting time. Sally and I had dinner (and gelato) Saturday night, and Sunday I spent a few hours at Andie's house, but otherwise I was basically alone all weekend. And it wasn't bad.

I have generally been the kind of person who avoids spending too much time alone unless I am really depressed. I think I associate time alone with time feeling bad, and I am usually feeling really lonely and sad by the end.

When my weekend plans got smooshed last week I was prepared to spend the weekend pouting and wallowing and generally being miserable. Then Friday I realized that all I have said I wanted for the past, what, EIGHT months or so is to be alone in my house. What I wanted was to be able to relax and just have some time by myself. So I did.

It wasn't bad. I'm still not very good at it... at some point I have to be able to spend the weekend alone and NOT sleep for a good portion of it. Next time I should have a project.

In knitting news... I finished (and mailed) my SOCKS OF DEATH, and have not yet been killed. I am now working furiously to finish my Monkey socks that were to have been mailed out last week. Oops.
Also... I am going to knit this skirt:
I know, right?

The only bad thing is that I will have to spend eleventy-billion dollars on Silk Garden to knit it big enough to cover my ass... but I think the end result will be nice.

I wear skirts a lot of the time, so why not make my own!!

In other news... I met with my therapist again on Friday and he has still not ordered me into a padded cell - always a positive thing. I talked to him about Bean and her drama and the Bad Man and that whole situation and surprisingly enough he was actually fairly positive about both issues. Apparently I am on the right track with the things in my life that are in flux. Who knew I was so mentally and emotionally healthy!?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute skirt!