BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh, Just Some More Crazy...

Saw Iron Man last night with Andie and Sally... and I liked it! I mean, it was a movie based on a comic book, but it was funny and in some places funny in a really smart way. Terrence Howard is so pretty, and I love me some Robert Downey. I mean, in real life I would run, broken foot and all, in the opposite direction of his bad-boy train wreck bullshit, but on screen? Hi there!

(I know, because Robert Downy is heartbroken now. What he really wants is my fat-girl train wreck bullshit, right?)

And I am such a train wreck. An aftermath. Charred remains.
(Enough).

Speaking of train wrecks, is it just me, or does Jeff Bridges become a worse actor every time he is in a movie? I mean, he used to be good, right? And now... jeez. Is he addicted to painkillers or something? Drunk? I mean, even Nick Nolte can pull it together better than Jeff Bridges these days.

Or perhaps I am too harsh. I was really tired last night... no sleeping lately... All I seem to be able to do is lie awake and obsess. Sleeping pills and all. About everything. All night. I parse conversations, looking for the things I said that were wrong. I replay things over and over, trying to find that one thing that flipped - the head domino - and why I didn't notice until it was too late.

And I cry and I get angry and then I think, "Well, no fucking wonder. Crazy town."

So last night I took a hot bath, I ate some ice cream, I took more than one sleeping pill and I settled in. Sometime just after midnight I was asleep. A storm woke me this morning at 5, but otherwise I did OK.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iron Man was really good! I wasn't that interested because I'm not familiar with that comic. My fiance really wanted to see it being an Iron Man fan, so we went with another friend that's also an ex-comicbook geek. I'm not a fan of Robert Downey Jr, but I liked the movie. Jeff Daniels as a bad guy...weird!