BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bad Karma Out: Exhale

The party was a success. I cleaned ALL DAY and by the time Andie got there I was ready for a drink. We got the food on the table and had a chance to sit for a little bit before anyone actually showed up.

It was fun - lots of food and laughter and food. My friends come up with the best things to bring to a party! It was also a little emotional, not a big shock, but for me anyway it was emotional in exactly the right way.

Here's what I burned:
Sympathy cards. A whole stack of them. I appreciated them, but it was time for me to let them go.
(A copy of) my marriage licence and the divorce papers.
A birthday card for Jeff. (His birthday is next Friday) Inside I put a letter I wrote to him when we first started dating, a poem from the same time and then I wrote to him inside the card. I cried for about 30 minutes and then resumed cleaning.
The word "Guilt."

When it was time to burn stuff I was feeling pretty good, but I did get a little choked up just before I burned the birthday card. Last year for his birthday we went to Chicago... it was the first good weekend we had in a long time, and the last good weekend we had ever.

My mom came, and brought my brother's girlfriend, my cousin came and brought her sister and her mother... the Usual Yarny Suspects were there: Lara, Sally, Denise, Kerri, Andie... along with some other fabulous yarny friends: Sam, Shel, Jackie and Angelique. Speaking of fabulous, Michelle was there too.

I think we need more of these. If not for dumping Karma, at least for sitting around and eating good food and laughing.

Maybe we'll even let boys come next time.

0 comments: