BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Can't Think, I'm Fasting!!

No, I am not giving up food... but extraneous spending.
(Stop laughing. Stoppit!)
Crazy Aunt Purl has been blogging about controlling her spending and you all know I spend WAAY too much money on non-essentials and not enough money on bills.
So, armed with my own little notebook (in which I will record all of the things that I want to buy but resist instead) I will spend the next six months making an effort to reduce spending.
Now, the fine print...
I will still go to movies with Andie on Fridays. That's sacred.
I will still participate in Twist's Sock of the Month Club - and honestly, it is my DUTY to support my LYS, so I will be spending money there when I have it.
I will spend money on my vacation (I leave in 17 days, but who's counting?).
I will spend money for Christmas and Birthdays.
But otherwise? The impulse buy crap? Into the notebook!
Here's the kicker: toward the end of this six months I am going to receive a rather large check. This means I won't be dipping into it willy nilly. And I have MONTHS to practice not spending money!
Stop laughing. Seriously. I can do this.
(They had some really cute notebooks at Target...)

2 comments:

Princessliak said...

I need to start fasting as well. I like the notebook idea and I like to buy notebooks!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of doing this too. Once all my swaps in progress are done anyway.