BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

You Don't Want to Come in Here

We're having sewer line issues. Not "Holy Cats, burn down the house!" sewer line issues (yet) but pretty much any sewer issue is a bad sewer issue, right? The Roto-Rooter guys are scheduled to be at our house on Friday. Then all will flow freely once again.

It hasn't been as bad as the old house. The first sewer-related issue we had at the old house featured me screaming into the phone (at the landlord) "There is shit on the floor of my laundry room. Actual shit. On the floor. And also water. Disgusting, shit-filled water!" It ended with me covering my shoes with trash bags and wearing rubber gloves. I removed the washer and dryer and used an entire gallon of bleach on the floor and the undersides of the washer and dryer. (Shudder).

This time the washing machine overflowed and the bathtub drain gurgled ominously as the toilet expressed some reluctance to flush completely. We have established water allocation rules for the family. It seems that everything works the way it is supposed to as long as there isn't too much water flowing at once. Oy.

In knitting news... I am almost through the second skein of Blue Moon yarn. I bought 3 skeins so as soon as I run out of skein 2 I can do 6 more repeats before I start the decrease rows. I can't wait to be done! I'm going to wash it in baby detergent (and pet it and love it...) and wear it at every possible opportunity.

Dear fall, please come soon.

1 comments:

Lara said...

Dang sewer lines! Ick! I'll cross my fingers that the Roto-rooting will take care of it and nothing has to be rebuilt.