I'm usually more excited than this.... The new Knitty is out. Woo hoo, right?!? There are some good patterns, but nothing that jumps out at me right away. There are even extended sizes on the sweaters and a really nice lace pattern. Usually I get a little crazy and abandon every WIP I have to find yarn and appropriate needles for some new thing that I MUST CAST ON RIGHT NOW.
Perhaps it has something to do with my yarn diet, or maybe the projects I'm working on now are sufficiently engaging and diverse to keep me from wanting to knit something new...
I'll look at the patterns again next week and see if I get more excited.
I do like these little guys...
I don't know why I've been so into toys lately... I have this urge to knit cute I guess.
I think that these creatures might come in more colors than just white... there might need to be some pink ones and certainly some in purple... Hmmmmmmmm...
My monkeys are progressing nicely. By the way, I did get a VERY prompt reply from Lantern Moon about my broken Stix. At first she said to talk to my LYS and if they couldn't help they'd send a replacement - then almost immediately I got another email from her asking for my address, needle size and wood type. They're sending out a replacement right now.
That is customer service right there! I know that Shelly at Twist would have been right up on the customer service pedestal too, but why bug her? She didn't make the needles! Shelly thinks that perhaps I should try some relaxation before knitting with them so that I don't break any more... I figure that unless I start snapping my metal needles I'm ok!
So this weekend is going to be a little bit busy.
Tonight there is a skating party (lord help me). No, I am not going to haul my fat ass up and try to balance on eight wheels. Nope. Not me. I'm going to knit.
Then I'm baking a Barbie cake for Kerri's Bachelorette Party. (Inside joke).
Then I'm going to do ten tons of homework for class on Saturday.
Saturday I have class from 9 to 4, I'm at the station from 4:30 to about 6:20 then I have to figure out how to get Kerri's Barbie cake to her party without dumping it all over the inside of my car.
Kerri's party starts at 7 - and it's a slumber party (woo hoo!) at a hotel downtown.
Then Sunday I work from 7 - noon and then I have to be at The Yarn Harlot event by 2 because I'm a volunteer!! I might really get to MEET HER!!!
Somewhere between noon and 2 I hope to meet Emma for lunch and SOMEWHERE in there I need to sleep and shower a few times. And also probably pee.
I will be posting pictures... but not of the sleeping, or showering... or, you know, peeing.
Sigh.
Knit on!
Friday, September 14, 2007
Maybe it's just me
Posted by J. Denae at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh those are so so cute! I actually called my DH over to the computer to show him last night. He was underwhelmed ;) I might have to break my promise to finish my UFOs before casting on more stuff. I HAVE to have the critters!
By my calculations, that doesn't leave anytime for sleeping tonight. Hypothetically you could sleep on Saturday night, but that's a party! All I can say is "you go girl!"
Post a Comment