Disaster
Thursday evening was spent at Twist. Andie came with me and a good time was had by all! I have finished 2/3 of my Clapotis... I just need to wind my third hank and I can continue. Meanwhile I moved on to my Monkey socks. I do love them. A lot. I think that once I finish my Monkeys for the swap I might just have to make some for myself.
When I got home (just in time for Tim Gunn's Guide to Style - which I love) I continued to knit my Monkeys...
And here's where the disaster part of the evening came in... A few weeks ago I purchased some lovely Socks Stix at Twist. I knew it was not a good idea. They cost $20 and I prefer KnitPicks metal needles because they stand up to my tension. But they're so pretty and they come in a nice little bag and who doesn't want really nice things from time to time?!?
My Monkey socks are the first socks I cast on my new needles. First and last, I'm afraid. I was in the middle of a k2tog and SNAP! Damn it.
And guess who couldn't find another set of size 1 needles? I did find a size 1 circular Addi Turbo... so in protest, and to keep myself sane, I cast on another pair of socks and practiced the Magic Loop Method. I also went online and ordered another set of size 1 DPN's. From Knitpicks, thank you very much. Why mess with what works?
Disaster Averted
The Sewer guy showed up yesterday. Early.
He cleaned out the line and said that it looked really good.
And the work he did is guaranteed for a year.
And it was less expensive than I thought it would be.
My Sister Returns
While I was at Twist my sister called. Yup, the sister who hasn't spoken to me in a year. That one. She wondered if I'd like to spend time with her and the kids on Saturday. I called her back and we agreed to have a little cookout here on Saturday - just hamburgers and hot dogs. She said we could "talk."
ACK! Who wants to talk? Can't we just pretend nothing happened?
(Just keep knitting, just keep knitting, just keep knitting...)
The Twist knitters were right there for me... they offered to hide behind the bushes when we met just in case I should need them. I think I can handle her. Maybe.
Anyway, she called this morning and we agreed that maybe tomorrow would be better after all. She sounded tired and I have one of those headaches.
We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Disaster... Disaster Averted and My Sister Returns
Posted by J. Denae at 7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sad about the pretty little needles. I will tell M the next time she begs for them. I've got her magic-looping her first pair of socks right now anyway, and she's taken to it like a duck to water.
I was wondering how the sister thing turned out. I hope it all goes well and there can at least be civility in your relationship if not best-friend-ness.
Take those Socks Stix back to the store for exchange! It's no trouble for the store, because Lantern Moon will credit them, but it's important for the shop and LM to know that the needles broke so quickly.
Post a Comment