BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Look! Knitting Content!!

I got my Sockapalooza package!!! Woo Hoo!!

She sent these fabulous socks in a clear project bag (love it) and included a really great needle roll and a set of sock-shaped point protectors. Thanks so much Maureen! The socks were completed in the midst of an intercontinental move, a new job and beginning grad school. Hang in there, girl!



As you can see, they fit beautifully and the colors are absolutely perfect. Blues and greens and

purples with a little pink for fun and they are sooooo soft.








Speaking of socks, I am making good Monkey progress... though I have a measurement issue that I noticed on my last pair of socks. The

person I am knitting for has feet that just happen to be an inch and a half longer than my feet, which means if I try on the socks and they cover my toes it's time to start the decreases.

By the measuring tape they are nowhere near done, but by the foot check they're close. I want
them to fit without being baggy. And yes, the socks do stretch... so duh, right? I'm just worried that they won't be right. But they are pretty. I am going to have to knit myself a pair just like them!


And look!! A FO!!

This is the Garterlac Dishcloth. It was a really quick knit and if you're interested in learning entrelac it's a great way to start. It's small and made of inexpensive yarn. And it's garter stitch so you don't even have to purl. Brilliant!

Somehow last night I managed to do most of my homework for Saturday, knit my Monkey Socks almost to the toe decreases, block Kerri's garter and remember my camera so that I could post pictures. It almost sounds like I'm getting my shit together!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Whoo Hoo! You were saved!
Great socks...both pairs.

Lara said...

Yay for socks in the mail!

Isn't that garterlac fun? And people get very impressed by it. It was a favorite in my Christmas dish rag grab bag last year.