I am officially out of the old yucky house. It is cleaner than it was the entire time we lived there and all I have to do is hand over the keys.
Finally.
I have had a cocktail and a bath.
There was a winter weather advisory this morning and the schools were closed... I thought, "Bah, we never get as much snow as they say we're going to." Uh-huh. As I was driving with my first load, which included the chiminea, the snow was so heavy and the wind so strong that I could barely see the car in front of me. The windchill was -1. My car was parked in front of the station for less than an hour and I had a good inch of snow on my windows.
I cleaned and I cleaned and I cleaned. The junk guys came at about 3. When I showed them the stuff that needed to go they were visibly shaken. Seriously. One of them said, "Wow, I thought this was only going to take a few minutes." I said, "Nope, we're filling the truck." These guys were great - polite and fast and they repair and donate what they can and recycle what they can so that they are throwing away as little as possible. It was worth every penny I gave them. (I gave them a LOT of pennies). They almost wouldn't let me tip them!
I'm hoping that things stay closed tomorrow so that I can stay in bed all morning and not feel so guilty... Bean is with her dad and if there's no school tomorrow I'm supposed to pick her up at one. That gives me hours and hours to just be in bed with my blankets and my DVR. I have TV shows and movies and comedy specials all waiting for me to just veg out.
Yes, we still need to unpack and put things away, but I need some time to not do anything. Seriously.
Here's hoping for more snow!
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Done. Fini. Buh-bye.
Posted by J. Denae at 9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment