BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I am a financial genius.

Really. They should give me an honorary MBA from Harvard or something.

About a month ago I heard a story (on NPR, obviously) about how easy it is to set up a 529 account for educational expenses. I Googled "529 account," clicked on the first company that popped up and thought, "what the heck!"
Then I forgot all about it.
So a few weeks ago I noticed a mysterious $50 debit on our checking account. It took me a few minutes and then I remembered and thought, "Wow, how smart I am to have set this up. How happy Bean will be when she has this nice chunk of money to use for school." I almost sprained my wrist trying to pat myself on the back.

Last night I woke in the middle of the night and could not for the life of me remember which company I signed up with. I Googled the same search words I used the first time and nothing looked familiar.

I ended up calling.

"Hi, I'm an idiot and I make investment decisions randomly. I signed up for a 529 account and I don't remember with whom. Could you possibly check and see if I'm a customer of yours?"

I found it. And the woman I talked to was very nice and helpful. She didn't call me an idiot. Not even once. She said, "Well random decisions sometimes really work out. Our company is a good decision no matter how you came to it." She gets points for being nice AND for working in that company cheer.

1 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Oh, I'm so glad it all worked out!

You must have needed a nap :o)