BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Did you do it??

It's election day!! Woo hoo!! I think that election days should be proper holidays with cards and days off work and presents. And big gatherings of friends and family. Like Thanksgiving, only with a political slant. People should gather around the TV in the evening with slices of Voting Day Pie and cups of Electric Election Punch. People should walk around saying "Election Day Greetings!" and there should be sales at department stores - 20% off with your "I Voted" sticker. Seriously.
(I just got a "Happy Election Day" from someone at NPR... my day is officially complete).
So I hope you voted. I know two people who aren't going to. Shame on you. One person declared herself a "Political Atheist." She gets clever-girl points... but especially in this state, where women's rights are shrinking like Lilly Tomlin (anyone else old enough to remember that metaphoric movie??) and we really have to try to get the Lying Bastards responsible out of office.
Soap Box speech over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resemble that remark! Thanks for the no vote shout out and simultaneous reprimand.

Emy said...

Punch and pie! Awesome.