BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's Cold Again

It's under 30 degrees.
It's so cold this morning that I just want to crawl back in bed. I'm drinking coffee now, hoping that by the time I get off work it will be warmer and I will be more inclined to want to to something besides sleep. So far it's not working.
I did set up the automation to take care of the 6 o'clock hour so I got to sleep in a little. Then I drove to my sister's house and dropped a birthday present on her porch on my way to work. It's not much, just some nail stuff and some lotion and shower gel, but I haven't talked to her at all since our little "discussion" (emphasis on the 'dis,' right?) and I can only assume that she's still mad at me. When we talked I left the ball in her court. I expect that she will call me today or tomorrow to thank me - because that's what you do, right? - and if she doesn't then I'll know for sure.
But here's the thing: I don't know that I want to talk to her, anyway. I might just let it go to voicemail. I'm not mad at her and I know that she has the right to make bad choices and blah blah blah. It bothers me that she's mad at me, but only really because it makes everything so uncomfortable. It's not like we would hang out a lot if she were speaking to me - we really don't even have that much in common. She doesn't even like to read. She says if a book is good they'll make it into a movie anyway. Seriously. ok, I AM a little mad at her. She won't let the kids spend time with my parents and that is really hurting my dad and that really pisses me off. But otherwise, not pissed. Frustrated? Sure. Not pissed.
Right, so anyway.
So thanks to Lia for letting me know that I can, indeed cook with soy milk. I really do like it. There is a little bit of a strange aftertaste, but I wonder if it's like switching from regular soda to diet soda in that you just get used to it. I'm looking forward to trying the chocolate flavor - we just bought plain.
Quik Trip was out of V-8 juice this morning. I know! That's like Wal Mart being out of something. They also didn't have any of the Light juice (juice-flavored water with splenda). So I tried FUZE Slenderize. I don' t know that I believe that it will help anyone lose weight, but cranberry-raspberry is my favorite flavor in the world and it does contain vitamin C and chromium. It asserts that it contains ingredients that will control appetite and boost energy... we'll see. As I said before, I'm also drinking coffee this morning. It's entirely possible that I will overdose on stimulants and just crash.
I'm still working on my felting project - it's slow going. Also, I am missing a sweater pattern and now that I have the yarn I wanted to use it's pissing me off, but I am afraid that until we finish the move there are just things I can't have. Damn it. (Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't start ANY MORE PROJECTS until I either finish one or finish moving).
I guess when fate hides your patterns it doesn't do any good to jump up and down and scream "But I want it now," like a two-year-old. Entertaining, sure, but not effective.

2 comments:

K. Anne said...

Are you silly?!? Finish a project before starting another one? That would be too simple!!! LOLOLOL

Lara said...

The grocery store up here was out of milk the other day. Milk! Oh man, every time I go there I get happy that we're moving.