So I think that we have finally moved all of the books from the old house to the new house... except for my cookbooks, which the husband is moving today... I have three bookshelves in the living room, one in the den, one in the bedroom and two little ones in the dining room. All full. So what did I do today??
I ordered three knitting books from overstock.com on a tip from a friendly fellow knitter. Damn it. I had ordered three books and entered my credit card info before I even realized what I was doing!! Also, while I was Christmas shopping on Amazon I might have added this book to my cart. Maybe.
Heh heh heh.
I had Andie and Kerri over for a "Bachelor" party last night. We ate "Chicken Liz" (recipe to follow) and drank wine and watched the season finale of The Bachelor. Can I just say? What a fucking toad that prince turned out to be. If I were Sadie I would have socked him in his ugly, bad-kissing mouth. "I'd rather be with her," what the hell kind of shitty comment is that? He sucks. (Granted, if Sadie had said the word "virgin" one more time I was going to lose it, but seriously? What a jerk). Sadie's mom was wearing some lovely knits, btw. I am covetous of that sweater.
So, "Chicken Liz"
1 package frozen chicken (one of the big ones)
1 large can (or 2 small cans) enchilada sauce
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
Throw this all in the crock pot on low for... you know... however long you're gone. I do it in the morning and we have it for dinner.
Shred the chicken (two forks works well) and serve on tortillas with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Or serve over lettuce with light ranch dressing.
Or eat the chicken all alone with a little Mexican rice.
It also freezes well.
I also have my TV back. The DVR is in my room (heh heh heh). I woke up earlier than usual this morning and set it to record three movies that I haven't seen yet. I may never leave my bedroom again. Luckily, there are lots of things that need to be unpacked in my room so I have an excuse to stay in there for awhile!!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Books books books
Posted by J. Denae at 12:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment