BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 10, 2006

Don't let it die!!

Thanks for the support y'all! I'm feeling better... the husband and I had a nice talk, too. I think I'm just feeling overwhelmed and little things are getting to me. Andie never did tell me what her problem was, but she has stopped giving me the ice treatment. She is not one for confrontation... and while I used to be more inclined to just go and ask someone what their problem is, I am finding that I don't have the emotional energy to deal with anything I don't absolutely have to. I figure that if it's not important enough for her to talk to me about it must not be all that important.

On to better things... I bought soy milk for the first time yesterday. Soy is so good for you - women especially - and it sounds like it would be really disgusting but it was actually pretty good. Thicker than I had anticipated, but that may have more to do with the fact that we drink skim milk. You know, milk-flavored water. I realized that the largest portion of our milk consumption was in conjunction with cereal, so it seemed pretty safe. We're still working our way through a box of Apple Jacks with Marshmallow Eyes, so it seems a little like those V-8 commercials there the woman is drinking her V-8 with a huge cheeseburger, but baby steps, right? Can you cook with soy milk? Like, could I make mashed potatoes with it? One time when my brother was baby we were out of regular milk so my mom made boxed au gratin potatoes with Enfamil. I still hesitate before I eat us gratin potatoes and my brother is almost 20. Anyway, it makes me a little hesitant to cook with it. But you must be able to, right? I mean, what do people do who drink this stuff full time?

Today I slept in... until after 9!! Then I got up and made chocolate chip pancakes and then came back to bed and watched judge shows until eleven. Then I watched my soap opera, got dressed and went to the new house and sanded the walls in the living room. We will be ready to put actual paint on it this weekend. Once the dining room is done we can clean the floors and I can start moving stuff in. Yay!!

Tonight was the Margaret Cho concert. Nights like this I really love my job. Really. Free tickets to concerts and shows are the BEST. The husband and I went and we spent less than $10, including the gas we used to get there. That rocks. And girlfriend is fucking funny. Though there was this woman at the table behind me who kept repeating the punchlines. Like we're not all watching. Margaret Cho goes, "She didn't feed her vagina and it died." Then the woman behind me laughs really loud and then says, "Didn't feed her vagina and it died!!!"

Seriously.

But it brings up an interesting point. The joke is not as important as the thought behind it. If you don't feed your vagina (or your mind, or your curiosity or creativity or goldfish) it will die.

Feed it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last part just cracked me up girl - you can cook with soy milk, but I tried to make those instant cheese cakes with it and it was soup, but really good soup!