Our cat was scared of the house.
It was the funniest (and most pathetic) thing I have ever seen. She was afraid of the ceiling fan in the living room. She was curious about the house but when she would get to the living room she would stop and look up at it and then slink down to the ground and go as fast as she could back to the bedroom and hide under the bed.
She's better now. Apparently she has decided that it is not going to kill us all.
I am relieved, because I have seen enough scary movies to know that cats can see when your house is haunted... I really did not want to either move out or risk being possessed. I love this house.
So it's a really good thing that Bean is spending this week with her dad. She should be very thankful. I spent three hours. THREE HOURS in her room in the old house. For about a month now we have been telling her that she needed to clean her room and start packing her own stuff. She didn't. Of course. She had all of these very carefully arranged little displays of things... like one of those little plastic things that comes with your pizza with two tic tacs on it and little bears around it... ALL OVER THE PLACE. Jeez. And then there was a wooden box that looks sort of like a treasure chest that was full of thousands (seriously, THOUSANDS) of tiny glass beads. I didn't know it was full of beads until the lid opened and they scattered all over the floor.
Her Nindento DS? Upside down on the floor under a pile of trash.
My mother is still laughing.
In other news, we still have a huge mess at the old house and we still have many, many boxes at the new house. We're in a state of flux. Flux sucks.
Oh, and the husband has sprained his foot and is acting like a big wounded bear, slobbering and growling and swiping at everything with his big bear claws. I have hurt my neck again as well, so I have very little patience for his wounded bear routine.
(But I still love my house). (Oh, and my husband, too. Mostly).
Being at the old house is so depressing. The new house is so nice and new and clean and bright and the old house is dark and ugly and dirty. Bleh.
We have to get moving, though. We have until Thursday to get everything out and then I have until Christmas Eve to get my house put away and decorated. That's right, friends! I have totally lost my mind! I'm hosting the family Christmas Eve lunch. We usually have it at my grandmother's house, but she just moved into an assisted living facility and has a lot less room. Also, her cat bothers the allergies of members of our family who are not even allergic to cats. Anyway, we all go over there and have sandwiches and soup and we open presents and have about an hour and a half of uncomfortable conversation and then everyone goes to (their own) church. This year it's at my house. I can do this.
We get our cable back on Monday. It's been a QUIET week at the house with no TV... I sort of liked it, but I am looking forward to having my background noise back. And I'm getting a DVR. Woo Hoo! The sales guy said it would "totally change" the way I watched TV. Awesome. I just hope I don't end up doing something really goofy like recording (and then actually WATCHING) all the reruns of The Facts of Life or something.
Oh, and we're talking about getting Bean a kitten for Christmas. Bad idea, I know. But I think its time. The last hermit crab bit the dust this week. She had it for more than a year... I think she might be ready for a pet that doesn't need to be kept in a glass container.
The husband thinks that Serena will eat a kitten. I think that Serena will be freaked out but will handle it just fine.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Posted by J. Denae at 11:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment