BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 01, 2006

Knitting Hurts.

I don't know what to do. I have done something to my hand during the move and all of the carrying and cleaning and disassembling and reassembling and stuff. It's a tendon or something in my little finger... I tried to work on Bean's log cabin blanket (yes, I'm still working on that) and I can't even garter stitch. This sucks. A lot.

In other knitting news, I am in love with my DVR... I set it to record Knitty Gritty. I could never remember when it was on and always ended up watching the same episode. There are only so many times you can watch them make an illusion scarf. This episode was about making a scarf and wrist warmers using the Fibonacci sequence. I don't know that I would have used the yarns they did... I was not really fond of the finished product... scraggly and furry is apparently "in" right now. Oh well.

I spent most of the day in bed today... serious headache and after yesterday I needed some time to not move. At all. I watched a couple of judge shows and a movie and I slept a lot. Then I got up and went to work (and took some more headache medicine) and picked Bean up from her dad's house. Tonight was the book club and we had a really nice time... but now my headache is coming back and I'm pissed that I can't knit and I want another seven or eight days like today (minus the headache) to sleep and watch bad TV and not do anything.

Tomorrow I have to work early and then I need to go and see my "difficult" patient. He's not so difficult anymore... he is declining really fast and my boss said she thought he might not last the weekend. It is really sad - I know that he is alone because of the choices he made in his life, but even people who make horrible choices deserve to have some peace at the end of their lives. I hope his son comes this weekend.

0 comments: