Is anyone else relieved that Christmas is finally over?
Everyone seemed really pleased with their gifts. I bought my dad a shirt that says, "I'm kind of a big deal." It made him laugh and he wore it all Christmas Day. I didn't see my sister but my mom reported that the kids all liked their presents.
The husband bought me a nice necklace and a season of Gilmore Girls. I bought him a Notre Dame sweatshirt and some CDs and some pj's and a book. I also bid on some Notre Dame posters for the den and won but they haven't gotten here yet so he doesn't know. He felt bad because I bought him so much more than he bought me... but since I ordered something for myself every time I placed an order online I assured him that I was fine. More than fine. Ahava bath salts and knitting books and a CD and yarn. I probably spent more on myself than on everyone combined! Oops.
Christmas Eve in the new house was fine - the whole family (minus my sister) came over - even my mother in law was there. The house was clean, my curtains were hung by my dad the day before and the cats were in good spirits.
Christmas Day I worked until 3 and then took a looooong nap. The husband and I played video games (I got The Sims 2 for the PC, he got some wrestling game for the Playstation. We can now sit in the den together and play mindless games for hours) and then I made spaghetti. While I still can't take a day off from work I have managed to only go in for a few hours at a time. Today I slept until after 1. Life is rough.
I went to Target (love me some Target) the day after Christmas and bought the LAST wreath storage box. I also picked up a huge Rubbermaid container to store the tree. It was sort of a madhouse (shocker). Soccer moms and old ladies running wild with 75% off signs fluttering like confetti around them. It was something.
I did not finish Bean's shrug. I sewed one sleeve and it's too tight for her. Crap.
Also, the collar was a little off center. Double crap.
Well, I'll try again some other time... I do love the Knitpicks superwash. I will measure her fully and start the sweater pattern I bought so many months ago.
I just lack the motivation to do anything right now. I'm tired but not ready for sleep, I'm bored but I can't concentrate on my book, there isn't anything on TV and I don't want to clean. As much as I love time off and sleeping all day I really do need structure in my days.
The husband has gone back to work. He still hates it but I think it's good for him to get out of the house. Lord knows it's good for me to have him out of the house. Seriously. Not to mention the paycheck. I do wish he would find another job that wouldn't make him so crazy, but I think that he is still trying to figure out who he is and what he wants from his life. His dad's main goal in life was to take care of his family and keep them comfortable. I think that he wants so much to be like his dad and he's just trying to figure out how to do that.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Post Christmas
Posted by J. Denae at 11:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad Christmas worked out for you!
I was wondering about Bean's shrug. Too bad it didn't work out, but the great thing baout knitting is that you get another chance and the yarn is still yarn.
Don't you love that super-wash? I'm using it for a sweater I'm doing, and I love it too! It's very rare that I find a yarn that feels as soft knit up as it does wound in the skein. I hope the shrug works out for you, and I hear you with Sam's Club! Next time you go give me a call, and I'll be your voice of reason. :P Miss you at meet-ups girl, hope to see you sometime!
Post a Comment