I am trying to remain (uncharacteristically) optimistic about my right hand. The tendon issue isn't much better this morning. (Perhaps I ought NOT to type, eh?)
I downloaded some nice wintry patterns to go with the snow (that should melt by Monday - it's warming up considerably in the next few days). Surely by next weekend I'll be able to knit again, right? I am still in a bit of shock about all the snow. We never get that much snow. In recent years we've had three to five inches of ICE at a time, but rarely have we gotten the big flake, packable, drifty snow.
I hate feeling pukey in the mornings. I feel like I did when I was pregnant with Bean - sort of a carsick/spinning around/bad food combo feeling. If I were pregnant I would embrace this pukey-ness. I, of course, am decidedly not pregnant. The irony of the whole situation is that I feel so shitty in the morning because of the anti-depressant I am taking before bed. The anti-depressant I am taking before bed is helping me get through the fact that I feel shitty and am not pregnant. Of course, it's also helping me get through the Holidays and the, you know, Regular-days without snapping. Or collapsing. Or staying in bed for days and days and days at a time. (I love you, Cymbalta).
Speaking of pregnant, my cousin is going to have another baby (yay!!). She's such a good mom. And I have a baby to knit for!! A baby whose mommy will appreciate it. A baby whose mommy is not an idiot. A baby whose mommy does not knit!! (If I lived closer I'd work on that one). So my hand must heal. My hand must return to knitty functional. There is a baby coming in May who needs hand-knits.
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Optimism? Really??
Posted by J. Denae at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I did something to a tendon in my left arm when I was doing a stupid amount of home improvement and packing at the end of the summer to sell this stupid house that will not sell. It made me glad to have my cross-stitch, because knitting was really out of the question for a few weeks. I still have to be careful to use perfect form if I'm lifting weights, so I don't re-injure it. I hope you heal quickly! Optimism is good!
Post a Comment