Ok... the blog world is packed full of posts like this. Sorry.
There are the obvious ones: make better food choices and exercise more, stop smoking, spend more quality time with Bean, pick up after myself and train other family members to do the same, clean on a schedule.
There are the intelligent ones: do all of my homework - including the reading in a timely manner, read each book club book twice and research the book BEFORE the meeting, stop buying yarn/yarn books that are for projects I'll never even start.
There are the personal growth ones: learn to forgive myself, host more dinner parties, learn to cook something complicated.
~~BUT~~
Why do we feel the need to reorganize our lives (if only mentally) every year and why does it not work? Ever?? Is it that the beginning of a "new year" causes unrealistic idealistic visions of ourselves that we feel compelled to achieve? Buying as new house caused something similar for me. Moving in I kept thinking, "No more dishes in the sink EVER!!! We can keep the dishes clean all the time now that we have a dishwasher." Guess what's in my sink right now. Just guess.
I think I'm going to try to subscribe to the "change one thing" mentality. Every month I'm going to try to change one thing I don't like and see if at the end of the year I have made anything that resembles progress. We'll see.
One thing I am going to try is Project 365. My plan is to start another blog and post a picture and a caption for every day... could be fun! Could be really, really boring.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Goals?? Resolutions??
Posted by J. Denae at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment