was more or less a go-go!
K and I bought some yarn, this is mine.
The "more or less" part refers to the fact that very little knitting got done. We loaded the babies into the car (which had a clean back seat, thank you very much) and went to Target (~le sigh~). I love (love, love, love) Target. There were Napoleon Dynamite wrist warmers in the dollar aisle... one said "Dang" and one had a Liger on it. I thought, "Dude, my brother totally needs that" so I bought them. I thought it would be awhile before I saw him...
So we went to Wal Mart. I am decidedly less fond of Wal Mart but what's a girl to do? Wal Mart has everything in the whole world (except for a soul perhaps) and all of it costs $1.98. K found some great fabric and is all ready to make a great dress - watching people shop for fabric makes me wish I had the patience for sewing. I don't. I barely have the patience to tape things together. Then we picked up some lunch, took the sleepy (read: cranky) babies home and had lunch. Just as we were getting down to the actual knitting part of the day my mother called and my brother needed a ride to a doctor's appointment. She has had to take so much time off of work because of issues with my grandmother that she wanted me to take care of it. I really do love being the person people call to take care of things. It makes me feel important and capable and smart and necessary (ah, there's that word).
So two hours later (parent's house, dr's office, parent's house, work, back to K's house) we got some dinner and again started to knit this:
See how many of the pattern repeats are done? Most of them were actually done at my own house in front of the TV. I think I actually thought we'd sit down for a few hours and washcloths would magically complete themselves and stack themselves neatly at our feet! We had a good time, though and will probably make this Thursday knit thing a standing date. We both want to make "Absorba, The Great Bathmat" - I'm thinking we need more than an afternoon for that.
I'm taking my brother to the doctor again in the morning (spider bite - it's really gross. I'll post a pic tomorrow if he'll let me) so I'll have more time for knitting... I'd like to finish a few of these. They're fast and pretty... and thanks to the cheap Peaches and Cream yarn you can knit for hours and hours for under two dollars!
Friday Favorites tomorrow!!
Friday, June 09, 2006
Washcloth-a-go-go...
Posted by J. Denae at 12:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment