BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Lightning strikes again...

Seriously. The station got hit again. Kerri thinks it's a sign that she should not have come home from her vacation to Mexico. I think it's either a sign that the Republicans have finally figured out how to control weather or that we have really pissed God off.
The incompetent ex-engineer is no longer working here so we got to see DreamEngineer in action. I love him. I want to bake him cookies and knit things for him (and his lovely wife). He was fixing things and correcting things. In the past when something was broken our incompetent ex-engineer would turn it off/turn it back on, scratch his head, write it down in his little notebook and go to lunch. When he got back from lunch he'd tall anyone who would listen that he wasn't sure what the problem was and explain what he did the last time there was a problem (even if the last problem and the current problem weren't at all related) and then he'd go round up all of the recycling and take it out to the bins. Then someone would confront him about the fact that whatever was broken is still broken and then he'd call another engineer and figure out a way to make it work. Sort of. DreamEngineer just FIXES stuff. And stays late to fix stuff. And was up and working on the problem when I called him last night at eleven or so because we were off the air again. And then he fixed it.
We only have him temporarily while we're doing the official "search" for a new engineer. If the stars align and HR doesn't get too nosy and we don't have an engineering whiz-kid who is willing to work for minimum wage we'll probably get him. But this is the same HR department that wouldn't let them fire incompetent ex-engineer for 2 years. (We've been limping along).
In knitting news... rememeber how I wanted to finish the Crusoe socks and I wanted to finish the baby blanket that I started MONTHS ago? Think I finished them this weekend?? Nope. (The baby is still not here - they'll induce on the 23rd). But still... I was sick (stomach flu - no details to follow - you're welcome) and only felt better on Sunday afternoon (just in time for my party). I really have not knitted anything much in the last few days. I did work on Crusoe on Sunday and am now on the foot part, moving toward the toe decreases. I'm thinking I'll get them both done this week. My knitpicks order shipped yesterday (woo hoo) and I'll be able to start on the Natalie coat. (~le sigh~)
I'll post pictures as soon as I have anything picture-worthy to post (like a box full of avocado-colored yarn that really wants to be named Natalie).

0 comments: