BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Lost and Found

We're back on the air... of course, that was AFTER I called everyone and told them not to come in. I automated last night and the first part of this morning. If nothing else this is a great test of just how automated we can be... there are things that could be better but we managed to air the appropriate shows in the appropriate order. So that's something. My BIG boss and I were in last night trying to get everything ready. I like looking competent and ultimately necessary when he's around. I don't worry about job security but it's nice to have those moments when I know he's aware that I am doing a good job. It makes me feel better when he finds me knitting in the control room or surfing the net.
Speaking of knitting in the control room... I apparently cannot stop knitting wash cloths...

I have the needles for my Crusoe socks - and the yarn, of course, but all I have been able to do is make these.

I do have to admit my knitting addiction, though. I left the house last night to come back to work and while I never leave the house without a book I have been known to leave the house without yarn. Last night I left with a book and yarn for wash cloths. And what the hell is it with me and losing knitting needles?!? The size 1 bamboo I totally understand. It's an itty bitty thing, but a bright purple, metal size 7 needle that is 14 inches long?!? I what it at work, and I had it in the car on the way home so I went outside to look for it. I opened the car door from the passenger side and looked next to the seat and guess what I found... The bamboo sock needle that I lost a few weeks ago. No purple size 7, but a teeny tiny bamboo stick.
Wonder what I'll have to lose to find the big purple one?
I was frustrated, thinking I would have to cast on for something else, but then I thought to look in my needle stash and I found the same needles in gold from a lot I won on eBay a few months ago. Gotta love eBay. So, new set in hand I was able to cast on for this:



Are you disappointed? Did you think I was going to move on and knit something else?
Not yet.

I was tired yesterday after work.
Seriously.
I wouldn't say that everyone who called was a total ass clown, but it was running about 50/50. I understand that public radio is an important part of our listener's weekends but about half of the people I talked to yesterday felt personally insulted that we were off the air. As though we were enjoying the fact that they were missing This American Life or Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. We even had a few people show up at the radio station and pound on the door looking for answers.
Doesn't that seem a little obsessive to you? I mean, I love public radio too, but jeez-o!

So I'm at work for a few more hours and then I'll pick Bean up from her dad's house. We're supposed to visit my sister today. I haven't seen her new house yet - and they moved a few months ago. (I'm a bad, bad sister).
I guess as long as I can knit I'll be ok, right?

Another sign of my knitting addiction:
What I need is a space in my house for knitting. A comfy chair, good light, a table for Diet Dr. Pepper and a TV. We have a small house and most evenings my husband is in the living room with the big TV and I am in the bedroom knitting/reading and watching the smaller TV. This is fine for both of us - especially when I'm in "bed nest" mode. But we have a chair and an ottoman that would be perfect for knitting. It's a big, comfy, oversized chair. We actually had a conversation last night about what we would have to do to fit it in our bedroom. We would have to remove the bedside tables, give up easy access to the closet (which we don't use very often anyway), and move the bed. I am seriously considering this. I could put a floor lamp behind the chair... maybe knit a little rug...
We just need to move to a bigger house.

1 comments:

K. Anne said...

we'll kick out my neighbor! more square footage!!!
LOL
it would be nice to have a neighbor that shares my obsession! :) (twitch)