BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 24, 2006

I was going to...

I was going to post a picture of my new purple crocs with the Crusoe socks... but I never managed to get the shoes, socks and camera in the same room last night. Maybe tomorrow. I'm wearing he crocs right now and I have to say that if you don't own a pair, go now. Go here and order a pair or eight. They are comfy and provide enough arch support that even my freakishly high arches are happy.

I was going to send my friend Marianne a Baby Shower in a Box, complete with something I knitted before her baby came. I finished the knitted object MONTHS ago, but I still haven't sewn in all of the ends. I bought every cool baby thing I had (or wished existed) when Bean was a baby and all I have to do is wrap it up and send it. I did not send it in time... Grace is here and incredibly beautiful and healthy (and BIG! Marianne is on the "not tall" side - I saw pictures toward the end, she looked very uncomfortable. Now we know why). So, welcome to the world baby Grace. I'm sorry that your gifts are still in a box in my bedroom, but your mom can tell you that I am the queen of procrastination.

I was going to go home last night and go straight to bed but my work spouse dragged me to this spa party thingie. Sort of like a tupperware party, but I got a facial out of it. I felt sort of bad, though, because I didn't buy anything. All snarky comments about parties like that aside, my hands are really soft. Here's the thing - that scrub stuff that you can buy in a thousand different places for $40 a jar is sea salt (Dead Sea salt if you can get it), kosher salt, oil (I like apricot kernel oil) and fragrance oil. That's it. Go make some.
I actually had an ok time, despite my anxiety levels. They are sort of high (and by "sort of" I mean really really really). We did this relaxation exercise - little spa booties on our feet, masks on our faces and little eye de-puffers on our eyes - with a CD. One of those "picture yourself on a beach, you're safe, you're warm, you can relax completely" CD's. I realized about 4 minutes into the relaxation exercise that it is actually my tension that keeps me from crying all of the time. About everything. So I kept my eyes closed and head back and just pretended to relax.

I was going to go home after THAT and sleep but my husband was hungry when I got home. I was hungry, too. I can almost always manage hunger but I really didn't eat much yesterday. We're sort of broke right now (again, by "sort of" I mean really really really), and he is usually the one who says "that sounds expensive" and freaks out if our checking account falls below $300. (I, on the other hand, give myself a high-five if I make it from one paycheck to the next without needing to transfer money out of my savings account). If it's Wednesday and we get paid on Friday and there's $50 in the account I'm on the way to Target. If it's Wednesday and we get paid on Friday and there's $50 in the account he's convinced that we're going to be living in the car. Anyway, he suggested a trip to Denny's. (Are there Denny's everywhere? It's a kind of a trashy IHOP). We had a really good time - Denny's was the late-night hang out place for teenagers when we were in high school so we got all nostalgic and started talking about making out and fights and people we hadn't thought about in years. It was really fun. Now my stomach hates me. A lot. Don't eat a lot of bad food and then go home, sleep for 4 hours and then go to work. I feel hung over.

I was going to go to the gym today but what I really really want to do is go back to bed (shocking, I know). I haven't been sleeping well at all lately and it's really starting to affect me. I'm sure that my sleeplessness has something to do with my emotional fragility. And I know that sleeplessness is what is making my eyes feel like sandpaper.
Sleepsleepsleep.

0 comments: