Summer colds suck. I don't even feel like knitting today. I finished Red Weather by Pauls Toutonghi today at work during Talk of the Nation. Go out and read it. It's the next book in our book club... it's a pretty quick read and there is some really beautiful and insightful writing in that book.
I sincerely hope I can find more interesting and intelligent things to say about it before the first Friday in July. I love leading the book discussions but I have this constant worry that I will run out of things to say and they will discover that I am not at all intelligent or witty or insightful. Someday they will realize that all I am doing is repeating their insights back to them. Well, the food is good anyway.
I didn't even think I would post today - I'm so scattered and boring. I've been feeling so crappy that I even made some pretty significant errors while knitting the most recent wash cloth. I keep hearing K in my head - when we were in the middle of the washcloth-a-go-go I screwed something up and just as I was getting ready to tink back a row she said "Good thing it's just a wash cloth and it doesn't matter if there's a mistake."
So thanks for the perspective, K!
My dad called on Saturday and said he knew what he wanted to get me for my birthday. I was skeptical. In the past his non-cash gifts have been... interesting. (I got a frickin' Furby one year. Seriously, those things freaked me out). So a friend of his bought him a pair of Crocs and now he thinks they're the best things since Dove chocolate. (I could have told him that). He told me to go online and pick out a style and a color and let him know. I called him back today and in 6-10 days I will have a pair of these in PURPLE. Swear to God. Big ol' purple clogs! They'll either look fantastic with the Crusoe socks or they'll clash like hell and I'll have to buy myself a second pair to go with them... do you suppose my husband will notice if Crocs of every color appear in the house? He is colorblind, after all. I could just pretend I don't know what he's talking about. Heh heh heh.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Stuffy nose and purple shoes...
Posted by J. Denae at 11:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
color blind husband here...It is a CROC if you think I would miss a bit of GREENbacks about the same time you brought home a series of sandals? HHMMPPHH... thanks for the dads day present...love it..and no! we are not getting a llama!!
Post a Comment