So the kitten has come home to us. Of course I have been too busy cooing over her to remember to grab the camera. She is a little young, but she has figured out eating and drinking and pooping in the litter. Right now she lives in the bathroom when I'm not home and that seems to suit her just fine. She was even playing last night when Sally was over. Sally would place one of her little blocks in front of her and she would "stalk" it and then jump on it and then immediately back up into Sally's sweater for safety.
After Sally left I moved her carrier into the bedroom and let her explore there. She is so curious and funny!! She likes to retreat into the cat carrier for security, so as long as it's nearby she is willing to look around and play.
The other cats are not impressed. Serena has been through this kitten thing before so she's not as traumatized as poor Sammie. Sally and Sophie were cuddling in the big green chair and Serena sat on the arm of the chair with her back to the cuteness. Sammie acts as though we have brought a large dog into the house. She won't come near Sophie at all and spends her time growling and hissing at her.
I did buy wet cat food to bribe them all into submission.
Other than sleeping and shopping and eating out that was my whole weekend.
I still have Christmas shopping to do... and I need to get on it! I have a plan for the remaining gifts so now I just need to follow that plan. I have managed to shop mostly at small, local businesses; Food For Thought, Lucinda's, Watermark, Twist. It really does make a difference and it makes me feel better. I'm having a really hard time sticking to my list though (obviously, otherwise I would be totally done!!). There are three people that I keep finding little things for and I can't stop myself. Bean, of course, That Bad Bad Man, and Sally.
Oh Bean... one of the things on her list this year was an OED. I know, right!! I'm THRILLED about this.... but I'm still not buying a $250 dictionary for a 12-year-old. Instead I bought a nice Oxford dictionary that has some word origins and nice definitions. It's a start.
I will post kitteh pics soon. You'll fall in love with her, too. Sally and Andie both want kittens now.
Monday, December 22, 2008
New Kitteh
Posted by J. Denae at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You have the coolest kid, ever. Seriously. And she has a pretty neat mom, too.
Post a Comment