BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Good, Sweet Things


This kitty is so sweet and lovely. We visited my mom yesterday and s/he settled in nicely and didn't poo on anything even though we fed her there. We got home and s/he spent a little time in the bathroom while I got ready for bed and then s/he came in and snuggled with me. I read for awhile and knitted and surfed the internets and s/he napped sweetly, waking long enough to snuggle and purr and then go back to sleep.
This cat totally fits in with the vibe in my house.

*********************************************

My friend Kate posted this recipe for lemon ginger syrup on her blog. Kate is awesome and I think this handy dandy syrup proves it.

*********************************************

My parents made what The fabulous Michelle calls "chocolate crack" and I have been calling "another reason to live." Oreos crushed up and mixed with (get this) cream cheese then rolled in balls and dipped in chocolate. Jackie made these once but they were gone before I tried them.
Holy God they're fabulous.
Mom says the next batch is going to also have crushed up candy canes in it.
I love you, Mom.

*********************************************

I realized this weekend that I actually kept my New Year's Resolution this year. I resolved to take better care of myself and I think I have. There have been some really crappy things this year that have forced me to either take care of myself or lose myself and there have been times when I was operating entirely in "survivor" mode... but this time last year felt very heavy and bleak and hopeless. This year I feel lots of hope and possibility.

*********************************************

I also realized that yes, there have been some crappy aspects of this year, but the good things have been amazing. Regaining my self esteem, for example. Learning to forgive myself. Finding out that my capacity to love wasn't irrevocably damaged by my time with Jeff.
This time last year Sally and I were just casual friends and That Bad, Bad Man wasn't really even on my radar. I don't know how I could ever have made it through this year without either one of them.

**********************************************

Going to visit Marianne and Mike and Emilie and Derek for my birthday. I needed that trip so much and Bean and I had a great trip, except for the bus.

**********************************************

Which is one of the reasons we're flying to North Carolina to visit my cousin and her family in January. I bought my tickets today and we're all set. The last time we saw her was when Bean was a baby.

***********************************************

So happy holidays everyone! I hope that we all make it through the next few days with grace and calm and happiness.

2 comments:

Cerise said...

Aw, what a cute kitty. Please e-mail me, sweetie, I seem to have lost your address.

Anonymous said...

What a cute kitty! Happy Holidays to you and Bean!