BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

I woke up late to find both of the older kitties asleep with me. Apparently the fastest way to bond with someone is to have a common enemy! I sort of knew this already, but this is a nice illustration. I fed Sheldon and made sure the older girls had water and then took a shower and headed over to Sally's for lunch.

She made the BEST ham. Holy cats. We knitted and had tea and cookies and then I came to work. I am on the air for a few hours and then we're off to see a movie.
A fairly perfect Christmas Day.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in again... and then probably spend the rest of the day at Twist.

So far this is the best Christmas I've had in a long time. I love being single and not feeling like I have to negotiate visits with someone else's family. I love that my sister and her family were in Kansas City this year - I love them, but it's so crazy with the little kids there. I love that Sally spent Christmas Eve with my family - our best stories come out when we have company.

I got a set of really nice pots and pans from my uncle and some fabulous Italian cookbooks from my mom. I also got yarn and stitch markers, and Sally and I both got flannel jammies...

Bean got a new coat and an iPod and about a hundred thousand other things.

But I didn't feel too rushed this year, not too stressed. I guess it's all relative. I think that one of the things I learned from Jeff was to not put too much energy into things I can't control. I have limits and boundaries, and I can control the things inside them, but everything else is beyond me - as it should be.

I hope you all had a nice Holiday too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound SO much better. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice day.