Oh, um, hi December! I wasn't expecting you so soon! Wow. I should really have paid more attention to the calendar.
I have talked to people who are actually done with their Christmas shopping. Could you just vomit holly? I have finished two knitting projects - and seeing as how I wasn't going to knit for anyone this year that's pretty amazing - but that's also the extent of my holiday preparation.
I'm also not winning any mental health awards for December, my insomnia is back and I can't go more than an hour without crying about something. (On a related note, my bedroom is rearranged and almost clean. Seriously. Just don't open the closet). I was expecting the usual holiday depression. It happens every year sometime after Halloween and runs through the middle of January... but this year it didn't really hit until Thanksgiving. I woke up Thursday morning and felt like I had been hit with the anxiety stick. I didn't want to leave the house.
But of course I had to. I had to make garlic dip and lots (and lots) of mashed potatoes.
So I did. Because I am a grown up.
Sort of.
I called Sally for a single-girl pep talk and then got dressed (big-girl panties, check!) and went to my parents' house.
My mom and I started the afternoon with a Xanax and I took a nap after we ate... then my potatoes and I went to Andie's.
It was a good time, don't get me wrong, but I was exhausted and sad and ready to sink into my bed by the end of the day. And I wanted to stay there for the rest of the weekend.
But I went to work on Friday and then Andie and Sally and I went to lunch and then on to Twist.
And it occurred to me that I may just be deluding myself into thinking I'm OK, when really? I rarely leave the house for anywhere but class and work without Andie and/or Sally. And Saturday when Sally left and I stayed on to knit some more, my anxiety levels were higher than they should be at Twist.
When I did finally leave I was so keyed up that I cried all the way home. I don't know why.
Last night I was crying because I have a holiday party to go to next week and I don't know what to wear to it. Or if I should take a date. Or if my date will be willing to go.
And today? Today I have an appointment with the lawyer again. More stuff to sign, still no check.
I feel very fragile and tired and jerked around.
I need to learn to trust my own judgment and instincts... but I feel so fuzzy and spun out most of the time that I am afraid that I am missing important decisive information.
So if I see you and you ask me how I'm doing and I start crying it's nothing personal. It's just December.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Is it Spring Yet?!?
Posted by J. Denae at 9:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And the cold! Why the cold?! The only good thing about the cold is the opportunity to wear wool sweaters.
Wanna come sit at my table and bask in the sunshine? It's warm there, and tears dry quickly.
Cyber hugs.
Post a Comment