BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Already?!?

So all along I've been thinking that I would make a pair of socks for my mom for Christmas... socks don't take a lot of time and I have been a knitting machine lately. (Seriously. Greenjeans? More than halfway done). I kept thinking I had plenty of time, as Christmas is waaaaaaaay at the end of the month.
Then yesterday I realized that it was the 16th... and Christmas is, you know, next week. Those socks will probably not get done.
And also? My super secret knitting project? Not going to get done either.
Oh well.
I did have some Christmas knitting that did get done... That Scarf is done and waiting to be wrapped, and the Danica that I made for my aunt.

This whole season has been sort of a surprise to me. I have been in a sort of holding pattern since Halloween or so. Maybe it's Bartleby-related, or maybe it's just that I've been so busy trying to get school and practicum stuff done. More likely it's that the money isn't here yet. I have been holding my breath since the end of October because initially the money was supposed to be ready "in early November."
Then it was "early December."
Then it was "3 to 5 business days from December 2nd."
Then it was "December 16th."
Now it's "today at 4."
We'll see.

They keep getting more specific about time... so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Yesterday after I talked to them I went home and slept more or less all afternoon. Then I got up and made dinner and spent time with Bean and then slept for the rest of the evening. Then I watched some late-night TV and slept all night. Deep, dreamless sleep. The kind of sleep I used to do before he died. The kind of sleep that you do when there just isn't anything else you can do to deal with your world.

I just want this to be done.

Speaking of done... this semester is over. I still have about 60 hours to complete at The Vet Center, so I'll be working the next few weeks to get that out of the way, but my papers are in and class is over. A big part of my grade for one class was the presentation that we did when I was so sick... the one where I totally forgot to add a slide that explained the most important part of the theory... and we got an A. Not just an A. We also got extra credit for choosing a difficult theory... so 64 points out of 60. Yay us! This is the group that I'm working on the final research project with, so double yay.

Have a great day!

0 comments: