BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maths Impaired

I am a liberal arts girl. BA in English, BA in Communications and (almost) MA in Social Work.
Ignoring the fact that I did take college Algebra and Calculus... I have never been good a the math.

BUT EVEN I CAN COUNT.

On December 2nd the lawyer said three to five business days. Three would be Friday the 5th, five would be Tuesday the 9th... today is Thursday the 11th and you know what they said today??? The 16th.

I don't care how you manipulate the numbers. I con't care how many advanced math degrees you have and how many theories you explain to me... five business days from 12/2 is never ever ever going to be 12/16. I don't care if it's a leap year and the moon has turned to blood and you chant naked in a circle in my back yard while you sacrifice a pure white chicken.

Sally said that lawyers are also not known for their math skills and maybe this one has suffered some kind of accident that makes it impossible for him to use his fingers and toes.

In knitting news... I have been working on Mr. Greenjeans using Dream in Color Classy. I'm down to the cable part. I'm "supposed" to be working on Ernie, or finishing the Clapotis, or either of the two projects on the needles for That Bad Bad Man... but there is something about this pink, sproingy yarn that is ever so distracting. And it's so FAST! I cast on for this sucker on Saturday (which would be 5 days ago)...
I think.

0 comments: