BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 05, 2007

WHYWHYWHY?

Why do I do these things?? Only a few rows into Monkey and I have joined Mystery Stole 3.
It sounded fun.
And The Yarn Harlot is doing it.
And so is my sock pal.
And also about 5,000 other people.

I do love my monkey - I'll post pictures as soon as there is enough of it to photograph... I've been occupied lately and not knitting. Which certainly explains why I have given myself a new project to start. Jeez.

In other news - the book club meeting for Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is tomorrow and it has inspired a lot of us to "think globally, eat locally" as it were. A co-worker found a food coop that I'm thinking about joining and several of us are now planting our own food sources. The owner of the bookstore asked if I had made any cheese yet... she said she was going to surprise me with fresh cheese tomorrow but there are too many other things she has to get done before tomorrow.

I will be making some cheese. And also bread. I used to love to make bread... I'm not sure why I stopped.

I also got a few calls about applications I submitted. (Yes, I also think it is interesting that I put a few resumes on a few websites on SUNDAY and have already had some response).
I have an interview on Monday to be a part time case manager... I don't have the degree yet, but I do have a degree and my experience at Hospice behind me, so I'm hoping it all goes well. It's an evening/weekend thing and it's about 20 hours a week. Perfect enough, right?
Except that it's an offender assessment program.
I learned a lot about myself and about myself as a social worker at Hospice. I do have the "social worker" switch in my head. The one that provides the ability to look past whatever is surrounding the person in front of you and find the person part. To deal with that. It worked for the sickness and yuck of dealing with dying patients in nursing homes, I wonder if it translates to offenders?

We'll see. So I'll knit and I'll work two jobs and I'll see what happens next.

2 comments:

Emy said...

Yeah, I joined MS3 today too...because I don't have enough stuff to keep me occupied. :P

Anonymous said...

Your second job is supposed to be where we get free Starbucks.

Beyond that, you have more energy than I do. The thought of a second job makes me want to hide in the supply closet.