BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 20, 2007

Strange and Exciting

Strange: I got up early yesterday morning and put makeup on and got ready to go to my second interview. At 8 they called and said they didn't actually need to meet with me... they just wanted to make sure I was available all day so that they could offer me the job and then send me to pee in a cup. Remember how much fun that was last year? What I have not mentioned (as it is neither strange OR exciting) is that my neck is all jacked up right now and since I am out of muscle relaxers I took a dose of my migraine medicine Wednesday night. As in the night before yesterday morning. As in the night before Jason called to tell me all I have to do to get the job is pee in a cup. Fuuuuuuuuck. So I called HR and they were very cool and I explained the whole migraine medicine issue and they said, no problem. If something shows up someone will call you, just have your prescription numbers available. No problem.
Here's the strange part: I got there and then I couldn't pee. At all. Dry as the Sahara. I can always pee. Always. I have to pee right now, actually. I left and went out to lunch and drank a LOT of Diet Coke and an hour later I was fine. And for the rest of the day I could have submitted enough samples for the entire graduating class at KU Med School.

Exciting: Jason called a minute ago... I passed the test and have the job. I start August 5th. Yay me. Apparently they don't test for barbiturates. Interesting.

Exciting: Andie is back in town!!! Woo hoo!!!

Exciting: Harry Potter movie AND book release tonight!!!

Exciting: I got my very own Sock Monkey Bag in the mail today and promptly put my Sockapalooza sock-in-progress in it. Loving this bag. And she will custom-make them if you don't happen to like monkeys. But who doesn't like monkeys?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job and passing the pee test. I like to pass any test. I get excited when I enter my pin number in right and it says, 'You're approved!" Gotta love the small things.

Laura said...

Yay for the new job! And I'm so jealous of your monkey bag. What pattern are you knitting for s'pooza?

Lara said...

Yay for passing the test! lol. It's always fun to pass a test.

I can't get a monkey bag because my M would steal it. We've been calling her Monkey since she was old enough to climb. (Which was younger than most kids. I think she climbed before she walked and she walked at 10 months.)