BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gritting and Knitting

I got to work this morning in the middle of the Bush conference. Ugh. Just his voice makes me grit my teeth. Is it 2008 yet???

Last night I got all of my Mystery Stole supplies together... I bought a crochet hook and beads a few days ago, and even though I bought the smallest hook they had (at Wal Mart) it still would not go through the beads. So I looked online and found that I needed a size 13 hook... or much larger beads (mine are 6/0). Please don't confuse me with someone who knows what the hell she's talking about. I got all of this online and had to write it down to remember. I went to Hobby Lobby with my little list and found a size 14 hook... impossibly small. What the hell do you use that thing for - you know, except for beading lace-weight yarn?
Moving on. So I got home and wound my yarn and set my directions up and got everything ready... and then I sucked. I re-started 4 times and then I gave up. I finally got the hang of placing the beads (the third time) and then I realized that I was supposed to be purling the wrong side and I was knitting... I decided it was not the day for lace knitting and put it all away and went to bed.

Today I have brought dpn's and sock yarn to work... I'm going to work on my sockapalooza socks!! I kept finding new patterns and new yarns and I have decided that I'm making it all way too complicated. I am going back to my sock-making roots and I'm going to knit one of the first socks I ever made in some of my favorite yarn. I can't get more specific than that because we have become good friends and have dropped the "secret" pretense and I know she reads my blog. (Hi Alli!) I have also found some really great goodies to include with her socks. You all know that I totally suck at holding on to gifts... as soon as I get the socks done I'm going to want to put them in the mail... I only have a few weeks to go. I can be strong.

I think.

Well, it's time to knit some socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so had to turn off the TV this morning. It's enough to turn your stomach

Allison said...

So I can't just lurk anymore, huh?

I'll have to dig around and see if I have any scraps of the lace my aunt did on those miniscule hooks. It was gorgeous, and she made it by the miles while conducting a conversation with a roomful of people!