Yes, I finished the book. Sunday morning at about 1 - roughly 24 hours after I started it.
No, I am not going to talk about it.
I am fully aware that there are lots and lots of people who don't read as fast as I do and loads of people who DO read as fast as I do who were not at all willing to devote their entire day to reading, sleeping and eating. (Really not a bad way to spend a Saturday, actually).
Bean and I also went to our new LYS Twist to take them lunch. They open on Tuesday and we wanted to make sure that in their efforts to have everything perfect they remembered to eat. They're working as fast as they can to get the yarn on the shelves and in the bins and on the hooks... I am soooooo excited about this yarn shop. I got to feel the yarn and see the yarn and (sigh). It's just exactly what a yarn shop should be! There are couches and yarn and needles and books and a really nice and smiling lady who is more than happy to make you feel welcome and help you buy yarn for your project.
Just before Shelly started mentioning her intention to open this store... it was probably a Thursday or Friday because there was a chunk of time before I had to pick Bean up from school. I was driving around and thinking that I wished there were somewhere I could go and just sit and knit for a couple of hours. I didn't want to go home because there are a thousand things I should be doing at home, and I didn't want to go to a restaurant... I just wanted to sit and knit.
As of Tuesday I will have that and I couldn't be more pleased.
My neck still hurts... but it's absolutely much better than last week. Heat and rest (and reading) apparently were just the things I needed to feel better. I was sort of sad that there are no real wizards and witches. I wish I had a wand and magical powers. I think my favorite thing about these stories (I am not spoiling anything, I promise) is that even though they had powers to do really cool things that would surely make life easier there was no sense that life was at all easier. There are problems and issues, magical powers or not, that you just have to make it through - with a little determination, a little luck and a little bit of support from your friends. Corny? Maybe. But certainly true.
OK, off to knit socks... I am almost to the heel of Alli's second sock. Almost time to mail them, too!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Harry Potter, Yarn and other Randomness...
Posted by J. Denae at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I finished reading too. :) Not a bad way to spend a Saturday at all.
I finished, and it was a lovely way to spend Saturday and Sunday.
I did take some breaks - Saturday a friend of mine had a Harry Potter party, plus we caught up on Tour de France coverage. Plus, there were a couple of "health and safety" breaks in there.
My eyes might hurt a little bit, but I think it was totally worth it. :)
I finished in 24 hours too. I'm still trying to process how I feel about it all.
Post a Comment